Bring the beach to any party with a Luau Party Candy Buffet. It’s an easy way to bring summer to you, whatever the season. Our Luau Party Candy Bar includes FREE Printable Labels to make this party setup a snap.
1. Cupcake Mix
2. Blue & White Frosting
3. Candy eyes – sold at local grocery store in the baking isle
4. 2-liter lemon lime soda
5. 46-ounce pineapple juice
6. 1-gallon Hawaiian Punch (any color or flavor)
7. Paper to print labels and twine to tie them to containers - Download our free printable labels >> Page 1 & Page 2
8. Kebab Sticks
10.Simple decorations of your choosing – we used tissue poms, paper lanterns, luau sign, table cloth, and a fish net.
11. Drink pitcher
12. Paper plates, cups and napkins for party
Build the Octopus Cupcakes.
1. Frost your cupcakes with the blue frosting. We used a cake decorating tip to give the frosting a wave look
2. Cut your Sour Worms in Half
3. Add a smile to the gum drop with your decorating frosting
4. Use the white frosting to “glue” the candy eyes to the gum drops
5. Once the frosting has dried on the gum drops, place them in the center of your frosted cupcakes.
6. Surround each gum drop with 8 halves of the sour worms
Make the Ocean Water.
1. 2-liter lemon lime soda
2. 46-ounce pineapple juice
3. 1-gallon Hawaiian Punch (any color or flavor)
4. Glass drink dispenser
5. Combine all ingredients. Add ice to chill. Serve immediately.
Note: To make a half recipe that fills a standard drink dispenser, simply pour half of each ingredient into your beverage holder of choice. There is no need to be precise. You can eyeball the amounts.
Make the candy kabobs.
1. Soak your kabob sticks in water to make it easier to place the taffy on the sticks. If you do not do this step, the taffy will smear together and won’t slide onto the sticks nicely.
2. Slide alternating flavors of taffy onto the kabab sticks.
3. We recommend using this as a fantastic centerpiece on your buffet. It looks great in the center with the taffy kabobs coming out of a jar. Eating them will be a bit messy since our taffy is already very soft so when you place them on the water soaked kabob sticks, they get gooey.
Fill your jars with candy.
1. Use the multi color sours as Beach Balls
2. Use Sweet's Fish as "Tropical Fish"
3. Lemonade Rings as Pool Floats
Print labels and attach them to each of the jars with twine!
Now all you have to do is decorate your table for your luau and place each piece. We also recommend creating our Taffy Leis that we made to add some more fun to your party! You can see how to make them from our blog!
Nothing says Hawaiian luau like a lei. You can make taffy leis for your party, get the instructions here.
Comments will be approved before showing up.